How to help
There are two primary ways to support Mentores Solidarios: be a mentor to one or more students or make a donation to help us cover operating costs and provide additional educational opportunities.
As a mentor, you will:
- Support your assigned student economically. Yearly sponsorships range from US$ 300 and US$ 500 per year (depending on the particular school), and include tuition, school fees, textbooks and uniforms.
- Payments can be made directly in our offices, through a bank transfer, or by credit card (via phone or online).
- We require a US$ 180 deposit at the beginning of the year to subscribe as a mentor. Most of the upfront costs occur between the first few months of the year.
- The remaining payments can be made throughout the year in automatic monthly payments
- We expect a five year commitment
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the sponsored student. Mentores Solidarios will send you the student's grades every three months and the mentors are asked to to follow-up on the students' performance.
- We request that the mentors maintain regular contact with the students they sponsor (either through personal visits, phone or email)
- We invite the mentor to a yearly gathering event in Nicaragua and other activities
Please click the corresponding button below if you want to become a Mentor or make a donation:Become a Mentor for a Student Donate for Operative Cost